This recipe is from the mother they loved/love, Kate.
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 3/4 cup water, divided
* 1/4 cup diced peaches
* 1 tbsp canola oil
* 1 tbsp molasses, blackstrap
* 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats and 1/2 cup of the water.
3. In a food processor, puree the peaches, canola oil, molasses, vanilla and 1/8 cup of water.
4. Stir the peach mixture into the oats.
5. Add the flour, cinnamon and 1/8 cup of water.
6. Using a large fork, combine all the ingredients. The oats will want to stick together.
7. Break apart the oats until all the flour is incorporated.
8. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
9. Using a 1 inch cookie scooper, scoop cookies onto the prepared baking sheeet.
10. Flatten each scoop to make a flat round cookie shape.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.
12. Turn off the oven and let the cookies cool in the oven.
13. If you and your dog can’t wait, cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Storing – This dog cookie recipe will keep fresh in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Freeze the cookies for up to 6 months.
Yield – Using a 1 inch cookie scooper, you will get 2 dozen biscuits.